Lots of people find it hard to manage their time and try to fit in all the things they need to do. Here are some ideas to help you manage your time better:
- Make a list of things you need to do and tick them off as you go.
- Do the things you dislike the most first, that way they are done and out of the way and you can get on with things you enjoy.
- Make a timetable or schedule and set yourself a certain amount of time to complete tasks. If it helps you can draw up a schedule for every hour of the day from when you wake up in the morning until you go to bed at night and plan in all the things you need to do.
- Try to be realistic about the amount of time you will need to complete tasks. Are you trying to fit too much in? Are you taking too long to complete a simple task?
- Look ahead and plan for busy times coming up. Don’t leave all your course work or revision to the last minute.
- Look at things you are doing that are wasting time. Are you spending hours on the Internet? Could you use that time better? Try to leave things you love doing for a reward, it might motivate you to complete tasks quicker.
REMEMBER… Don’t work all the time, schedule in some breaks and opportunities to do things you enjoy. [See ‘How can I balance study and play/hobbies?’]