Frequently Asked Questions

Please review our FAQs to find out if your question has been answered. 

Why can't I log in/ How do I create an account?

On our current website, you do not need to create an account to our resources. Simply explore our resources page and download our available PDFs. 

Visit our Resources page to explore all resources. 

If you are an AET Trainer, you won't need Login access to the new AET website. All Training Materials will be shared with you via a live SharePoint link, which you can get from your Training Partner Administrator or Lead Trainer. Please contact them directly to get this information.

If you don’t have their contact details, you can search for your local authority on our website to find this.

Please be aware: if you are an AET Partner Administrator or Lead Trainer, your AET website accounts were activated on Friday 1st October. Please contact us if you did not receive an email to activate your account. 


I have signed up for training, how do I access it?

You will need to get in touch with your local AET Partner directly to find out about an upcoming training event. 

Use our search engine to find your local Partner and get their contact information.

Find Your Local Training Partner

How do I get my certificate after completing the training?

Your AET Trainer should have sent you a link to a delegate form which you must complete in order to get your certificate. If you have not got this link, please get in touch with your AET Training Partner and request it. 

You can find their contact details via our search engine: 

Find Your Local Training Partner

How do I access AET training modules and materials?

Are you an AET Trainer?

All modules and materials can be accessed via SharePoint. Please contact your Team Administrator to get these. You can find the contact information for your Training Partner here:

Find Your Local Training Partner

Only our AET Partner Administrators and Lead trainers have an administration account on the AET website.

You can access our supporting resources, including our Framework Documents free on the AET website: 

Visit our Resources page to explore all resources. 


Why do I need to attend training in my local authority area?

The Autism Education Trust share good autism practice through training and resources which are offered on a licensed basis. Local Authorities, Not for Profits and Private Organisations can purchase the license to deliver Autism Training, and they are the sole provider in their area.

Not only does this mean we have reliable, consistent support, but the training can be tailored to the needs of the autistic children and young people in that particular local authority.

You can find out if there is an AET Partner in your local area via our search engine: 

Find Your Local Training Partner

Is AET Training Certified?

The AET Training contributes to your Continued Professional Development and you will receive a certificate of completion after the Training is complete. 

You can get your certificate by completing your delegate feedback form.

The delegate feedback form is online and the trainer will give you a URL to complete the form online.

If you do not have this, get in touch with your AET Training Partner to request a link. You can find their contact details here: 

Find Your Local Training Partner


Can you offer any further support/ guidance to parents?

We work directly with educational professionals, local authorities and employers to support their good autism practice and give autistic people the best opportunities in their educational life. We are unable to help with these queries, but The National Autistic Society, our host company, has a number of Helplines which offer advice and support: 

The Education Rights Helpline 

The Education Rights Helpline can provide general information about educational rights and entitlements, as well as advice on specific topics such as getting extra help in school, assessments, education plans, reviews or school transport. 

The School Exclusion Helpline 

Our School Exclusion Helpline offers advice and information to families on all aspects of exclusion from school (and further education in England). 

This includes advice on informal (unlawful) exclusion; fixed-period  and permanent exclusion; how to challenge your child’s exclusion and what you can do if you are concerned that your child is at risk of exclusion. 

The Transition Support Helpline 

The Transition Support Helpline provides advice and support to young autistic people and their families on making the transition from school, further or higher education to adult life. 

Autism inpatient mental health service (England) 

The service offers advice and support to autistic people and the families of autistic people in England who have been detained in a mental health hospital, or are at imminent risk of detention or re-detention. 

There is also a website for most local authority area’s called The Local Offer. You can find this on every Local Authority website and it gives information about all support and services for SEND 0-25. 

Finally, you could take a look at the Autism Directory, which helps autism families & individuals find autism related resources in your local area & beyond. 


Where can I find useful websites and resources related to educational rights?

The Disability Law Service- Disability Law Service is a unique charity that has been providing free legal advice and representation for disabled people since 1975.

IASS – These local services provide impartial, confidential information, advice and support for parents of children and young people with SEN or disabilities about education, health and social care.

IPSEAIndependent Provider of Special Education Advice (known as IPSEA) is a registered charity (number 327691) operating in England. IPSEA offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

Council for disabled children - An umbrella body for the disabled children's sector with a membership of over 300 voluntary and community organisations and an active network of practitioners that spans education, health and social care.

Contact - Support for families. Contact runs a free helpline for parents and carers with a disabled child aged from birth to 25. Contact also supports practitioners in their work with families and carers of disabled children, and they have a series of programmes and training courses. 

Scope - Providing practical information and emotional support when it's most needed and campaigning relentlessly to create a fairer society.

Special Needs Jungle - Highlighting resources and inspiring and empowering families to do this successfully by providing resources, tips, facts and examples.

Do you still have a question for us?

Get advice and support form the AET Team.