The AET Work-Based CPD Programme
Cost-effective, accessible video-based learning focused on developing autism awareness and good autism practice in schools and trusts.
An increasing demand to support schools and trusts
All schools continue to face pressure to provide more and improved provision for teaching autistic children and young people within a mainstream setting.
Sadly, too few education professionals are sufficiently equipped with the skills and knowledge required to effectively teach the increasing numbers of autistic children and young people.
The result is an ever-increasing demand for good autism practice in education, with SEND budgets failing to keep pace with demand.
How can the AET help?
We have developed a cost-effective, flexible, video-based learning programme to upskill and empower all educational professionals in good autism practice.
We call it the AET Work-Based CPD Programme.
What is the AET Work-Based CPD Programme?
An accessible online, on-demand series of video-based learning units focused on developing autism awareness and good autism practice in schools and trusts.
Aims of the AET Work-Based CPD Programme
- Drive whole school autism awareness and culture change within education settings.
- Develop a consistent understanding and delivery of good autism practice in whole school settings.
- Embed the use of research-based, practical tools across a whole setting.
- Achieve better well-being and learning outcomes for autistic children and young people.
Benefits of the AET Work-Based CPD Programme
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs and size of any school or trust.
- Sessions are available online, on-demand and ‘bitesize’
- Sessions fit perfectly into a 60-minute CPD session.
- Develops knowledge and skills over time – strengthening staff confidence and embedding good autism practice.
- Brings consistency in language, understanding and approach to good autism practice across a whole trust or school.
- Aligned with the SEND Code of Practice.
- Receive support through your local AET Partner and the central AET Team.
Find out more!
“The AET’s work-based CPD programme, delivered through a network of Work-Based Champions, is a valuable addition to developing inclusive practice across the full range of educational settings. St Christopher’s has been proud to work with the AET in developing a scalable and comprehensive programme of autism support.
As the CEO of a Multi Academy Trust, having tried and tested resources and training is enabling us to embed good autism practice at scale. Because of the AET offer, I know that the staff in our 19 schools are getting consistent, ongoing CPD.”
Mrs Jo Evans, CEO, St Christopher’s MAT, Devon