Who is this module for?
This module is for practitioners and staff working in a range of Post-16 settings, including General Colleges of Further Education, Independent Specialist Providers, Mainstream and Special Schools with Post-16 provision, Sixth Form Colleges, Work Based Learning Providers and Adult and Community Learning Providers.
The aims of this module are to enable delegates to:
- Appreciate the strengths and learning needs of autistic learners.
- Improve the ways you support the autistic learner to communicate their future aspirations.
- Equip you to work in partnership with the autistic learner to co-create goals for their education.
- Improve your practice in supporting the autistic learner.
After completing this module delegates will be able to:
- Reflect on, develop and improve you own knowledge, understanding and practice in working with autistic learners.
- Consider some approaches, strategies, and adaptations you can implement to remove barriers to participation and learning for autistic learners you work with.