Who is this module for?
For everyone involved in the Post-16 sector who would benefit from having an understanding of autism. This includes teaching and support staff, office staff, caterers, transport staff, governors, employers and careers advisers.
To enable you to:
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and the three areas of difference that affect autistic learners.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic learners.
After completing this module you will be able to:
- Approach autism as a difference and celebrate the strengths of the learner.
- Understand how three areas of difference can affect autistic learners.
- Appreciate how important it is to learn from the perspectives of autistic learners and to get to know the learner as an individual.
- Reflect on and implement reasonable adjustments to support autistic learners you work with.