Who is this module for?
For everyone involved in the Post-16 sector who would benefit from having an understanding of autism. This includes teaching and support staff, office staff, caterers, transport staff, governors, employers and careers advisers.
The aims of this module are to enable delegates to:
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and the three areas of difference that affect autistic learners.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic learners.
After completing this module delegates will be able to:
- Approach autism as a difference and celebrate the strengths of the learner.
- Understand how three areas of difference can affect autistic learners.
- Appreciate how important it is to learn from the perspectives of autistic learners and to get to know the learner as an individual.
- Reflect on and implement reasonable adjustments to support autistic learners you work with.
It is a closed course. If you are interested in Training, please contact Ambitious about Autism.