Who is this module for?
This module is an awareness-raising module for all staff in a school community, whether they be teachers, learning support assistants, school meals supervisors, or taxi drivers. The module provides an introduction to autism and the reasonable adjustments that need to be considered when working with autistic pupils.
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and the three areas of difference that affect autistic pupils.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic pupils.
- Understand the importance of getting to know the pupil as an individual.
- Approach autism as a difference rather than as a disorder or impairment.
- Understand the importance of identifying the strengths and needs of autistic pupils.
- Know how three areas of difference can affect autistic pupils.
- Appreciate how important it is to listen to and learn from the perspectives of autistic pupils.
- Reflect on and implement reasonable adjustments to support autistic pupils you work with.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the importance of one-page profiles and how to collect information for the one-page profile.
This training is requested by the setting for their attendance only. No other bookings can attend with the private session.
All our training is currently delivered via zoom. This training can be delivered UK wide using zoom. However to avoid conflict of interest, this training cannot be delivered in areas that have their own 'AET Training Hub'.