Schools Competency Framework
The Schools Competency framework can be used by staff in schools (5–16) across a range of settings from mainstream to specialist as an ongoing self-reflection tool to help them:
- Self-assess their skills and competencies.
- Decide which aspects of their practice require further development.
- Identify priority areas to work on.
- Consider their professional development needs.
- Seek appropriate professional development.
These competencies support EYS staff/practitioners in meeting Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) policy and legal requirements and their equality duties whilst complying with the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework (2021) and the Teacher Standards (2011).