Post-16 Standards Framework
The Post-16 Standards Framework can be used by leaders in Post-16 settings as a tool that enables them to enhance and embed Good Autism Practice across their whole organisation.
By using the AET Standards, organisations can implement the Standards via Learning Support and cascade them
to the various departments to achieve a whole-college approach. Through this work, they can:
- Capture the voice of the autistic learner
- Identify priority areas of improvement to work on
- Create an action plan to improve practices in their organisation
- Ensure that reasonable adjustments are implemented for autistic learners
- Improve the engagement, wellbeing, retention, and academic achievement of autistic learners
- Monitor practice and provide evidence of embedding Good Autism Practice
- Provide evidence for Ofsted inspections and any other quality assurance inspections and reviews
The Post-16 Standards support Post-16 leaders to meet special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) policy and legal requirements and equality duties whilst complying with the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework (2021) and the Education and Training Foundation Professional Standards for Teachers and Trainers in Further Education (FE) (2014).
Additional Resources for the Post-16 Standards Framework
We have linked each Standard to a number of resources that will help you to meet that Standard. Please note these are to help you get started and there are many other ways to show you have implemented the Standard