Free digital resources
School Exclusions: School Stress and Anxiety
School Stress and Anxiety
School Stress and Anxiety – school refusal and impact on family life
Who is this for?
- Education professionals who work with autistic children
- Parents/carers of autistic children.
Although autistic pupils may appear to be coping at school, they may experience high levels of stress and anxiety.
Many families describe how their autistic child’s behaviour differs at home compared to at school.
In this resource, we discuss:
- What may impact differences and behaviour
- Common reasons for increased stress and anxiety
- Strategies to overcome barriers to inclusion
- The individual pupil
- Building relationships
- Enabling environments
- Curriculum and learning