Schools Standards Framework
The Schools Standards Framework can be used by leaders to enhance and embed inclusive practice and improve outcomes for autistic pupils. The framework can be used by leaders across a range of provisions from mainstream to specialist to support settings to reflect, plan and implement improvement processes.
By using the AET School Standards, leaders and leadership teams can:
- Identify priority areas to work on.
- Create an action plan to improve school-wide practices.
- Implement reasonable adjustments for autistic pupils.
- Improve the engagement, retention, and academic achievement of autistic pupils.
- Monitor practice and provide evidence of embedding good autism practice.
These standards support School leaders to meet special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) policy and legal requirements and their equality duties whilst complying with the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework (2021) and the Teacher Standards (2011). They also align with the Head Teacher Standards (2020).