Early Years Standards Framework
The Early Years Standards Framework can be used by leaders to enhance and embed inclusive practice and improve outcomes for autistic children. The framework can be used by leaders to support settings to reflect, plan and implement improvement processes.
By using the AET Early Years Standards, leaders and leadership teams can:
- Identify priority areas to work on.
- Create an action plan to improve practice in the setting.
- Implement reasonable adjustments for autistic children.
- Improve the wellbeing of autistic children.
- Monitor practice and provide evidence of embedding good autism practice.
These competencies also support EYS leaders to meet the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2021), the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Code of Practice (2014), and their equality duties whilst complying with the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework (2019).