Early Years Competency Framework
The Early Years Competency Framework can be used by childminders and practitioners across a range of Early Years settings. This includes preschools, nurseries, children’s centres, and schools. It is an ongoing self-reflection tool that enables practitioners to:
- Self-assess their skills and competencies.
- Decide which aspects of their practice require further development.
- Identify priority areas to work on.
- Consider their professional development needs.
- Seek appropriate professional development.
These competencies also support practitioners to meet the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2021), the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Code of Practice (2014), and their equality duties whilst complying with the Ofsted Education Inspection Framework (2019).