These resources will help parents and carers identify what is important in the education of their child with autism or Asperger syndrome.
Tip – the documents are best used when you download them (not viewed in your browser) and work through them using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Parents and carers can use these resources to talk to staff in schools about how best they can work together and also help the parents find the best school for their child.
Included you will find the following resources:
- Working together with your child’s school – an AET autism standards guide for parents and carers.
- A parents and carers’ guide to finding a school for your child with autism.
- Children and families act information.
- AET information for schools.
- Parent survey summary.
- PANTS autism for parents.
These resources have been developed by Genium for the Autism Education Trust (AET) in collaboration with parents, practitioners and consultants with expertise in autism. The development team include Project manager: Martin Kerem, Core authors: Dr Glenys Jones, Damian Milton and Ryan Bradley.